Saturday, January 31, 2009

#4 - (Insert Image Here)

Abortion is just another word for choice
and symbolizes women's rights, nothing more.




Why should those with so little to do with abortions
hold so much power over their legality?



Should women be forced to have unwanted children?...


...or should they have the right to choose?


So many decide to be pro-choice.
There are more lives at stake than what you might think.


Women shouldn't be forced; it's a choice.
If there's no choice, then...


Is this making sense?


Pro-choice is not pro-abortion.
Pro-life is anti-choice.

The topic of abortion is not an easy one to address, but I feel that I must express my unbiased observations. In order to convey my thoughts on the subject through images, I had to create some kind of logical argument with as few words as possible. I started off with my visual thesis statement, which took a pro-choice stance, and then I explained why. My first issue was why men seem to have so much say in the matter. This may be shooting myself in the foot since I am male, but I still felt it was worth noting to get readers to think critically of how abortion is represented. I then moved on to my next point: women shouldn't be forced into a single decision. No one should have the right to make anyone, including mothers, choose one side or another when the issue is a sound, personal, and moral decision. Women shouldn't be forced to give birth or get an abortion. I then went on to visually state how many share my ideas and the consequences of not heeding our warnings. Finally, I make a dramatic conclusion where I say that it's fine if you, as an individual, don't want to have an abortion, but please don't push your choice onto others. It was different explaining everything in images but I feel that my only obstacle was finding the right images for each part.

Update: I fixed a spelling and syntax error so that it reads "Women shouldn't be forced; it's a choice" instead of "Woman aren't forced, it's a choice."
I also want to add that I am not against those who choose to be pro-life. In fact, I'm fine if you want to be pro-life. I just don't appreciate when some pro-lifers suddenly wish to make everyone pro-life. If you support giving birth, never to have an abortion, then I respect your personal decision. The reason why I said "Pro-life is anti-choice" is to simply state that a pro-lifer is more or less giving up their right to choice and instead always go with giving birth to a child. It's not much of a choice when there's only one option. Again, it's fine if you don't want an abortion and become pro-life, but what's not fine is when you force others to be pro-life as well.

1 comment: